By now you have probably watched the trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home quite a few times.
I’ve missed Peter Parker, especially after crying my eyes out at the demise of him from Thanos’ population wiping snap. Admit it, you bawled your eyes out too. It also did not help when I had to cry over his death in Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse. But enough about my tears, let us talk about the brand new teaser trailer.
I doubt you need a synopsis but here is a quick one anyway. Peter leaves his friendly neighborhood to go on a Eurotrip excursion with this class. He leaves his suit behind believing he won’t be needed to web any criminals. Obviously, we were not going to get a film about Peter Parker living it up in the United Kingdom and Europe with his nerdy buddies (but I do hope there are some extras that show what nerdy excursions Peter and his friends did get up to). Nick Fury shows up in his hotel room to enlist him in some S.H.I.E.L.D. shenanigans. There’s a baddie in town and it appears to be Hydro-Man? And an Iron Man/Thor space helmet-wearing man is there to save the day. If you’re familiar with the comics, you will know this is Mysterio and he’s a bad guy. But his schtick is all smoke and mirrors so he’ll fool Peter Parker once or twice.
Thoughts? I’ve got them.
- Yes, Spidey died in the last Avengers movie (so did Nick Fury). But we all knew Endgame would bring him back.
- I think it’s safe to say MJ will get filled in on (or most likely already knows since she is extremely observant of the world around her) that Peter is Spider-Man during this trip.
- Are Aunt May and Happy a couple? The flirt was strong there.
- The Avengers tower is getting fixed up. What could be in store for that building?
- Will Peter suffer from any PTSD from the effects of the snap or will no one remember what happened?
- Mysterio kind of looks like a Roman warrior.
- Sandman also makes an appearance. Since Elementals seem to be destroying Europe. Listen, New York needed a break from rebuilding after all of the alien attacks.
- Spider-Man visits Prague and I am immediately jealous.
- Spider-Man gets a new and very noir suit.
- Will I be at the theater opening day? Yes, yes I will.
- Will you be at the theater opening day?
Spider-Man: Far From Home will hit theaters on July 5th. And as a nice reminder, Captain Marvel will smash records on March 8 and Avengers: Endgame will end a chapter in the MCU on April 26.
Images via Sony